I do believe that this generation is going to make an impact in this world. Whether it be good or bad, I’m not sure. Over the past couple of years, I have noticed so many young people becoming Christ followers, which is absolutely incredible. But, on the other hand, I have also noticed a large number of young people turning their backs on God and proclaiming that ‘if it feels good, do it’.
When I turn on the news or social media, it seems like the ones who have turned their backs on God are taking over the world. America does not care about unborn babies, the sanctity of marriage, the image of God, and the list goes on and on. We have become a nation that is more concerned about pleasing our sinful nature than pleasing the the One who created us. I know what you’re thinking, because I have thought the same things too, “There’s nothing we can do about it.” Oh, sweet child of God, but there is. We can change the world.
It seems as if our generation as a whole (myself included) wants to be fed, but we don’t want to feed. We go to church because our friends do or only to get something out of it. Jesus Himself did not come to be served but to serve & give His life (Matthew 20:28). Since our Lord & Savior gave His life just for us and came only to serve others, can’t we do the same?
We want to be fed, but we don’t want to feed. -Rick Williams
If we rise up & put God in His proper place, we can make a difference. So many of us have put our trust in Him and started a foundation (which is important) but if we don’t build on it, then we are useless. Let’s start building.
My simple solution to taking over the world:
- Put God first – He should be above our spouse, family, children, friends, career, and even our ministry. I am so glad that young people are so eager to serve God, but if you’re spending more time doing stuff ‘for’ God than you are spending time with God then you’re not really putting Him first. Get in His Word daily and pray continually.
- Repent – Remove all sin from our lives. We are useless to God if we are living in sin. “Such people claim they know God, but they deny him by the way they live. They are detestable and disobedient, worthless for doing anything good.” Titus 1:16
- Have Faith – TRUST God, no matter what. You don’t know how powerful faith can be. Jesus once said, “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.” This is still true today. You have got to believe that God will do what He said He was going to do.
- Listen – If He’s calling you to start a small group and invite some of your friends who don’t know Jesus, then start one. Trust in Him and He will take care of the rest. If He’s calling you to go on a mission trip locally or internationally then trust His plan. He knows best and will take care of you. Whatever you think God is calling you to do, then do it.
- Tell someone – I struggle SO badly with spreading the Good News. Not because I am ashamed of it, but because I am shy and scared of someone getting mad at me. I know that is just a lie from the enemy himself. Which comes back to faith, Jesus just wants us to tell someone what He done for us and then trust Him to do the rest.
I truly believe this generation is going to make an impact on this world and if you do too then let’s DO SOMETHING! Much love.
If you’re spending more time doing stuff ‘for’ God than you are spending time with God then you’re not really putting Him first. -Brian Weems